Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Creature of Habit

Happy Friday people! How are you all? Warm welcome to any new readers who have stopped by in the last few days.. I'm really enjoying reading all the new blogs and having new commenters.. makes me feel POPULAR! : ) JK.

So let me just jump right into it now. I've been growing my hair out for about 4 years now. It's been on the long-ish side for a while and is now almost down past my bra line. My bangs are in the way, my hair is in the way. When I have it in a ponytail and I'm running, my ponytail gets stuck in my armpit. Ohhhhhh so sexy. I measured it a couple of weeks ago and it looks like I have 21 inches of hair. I'm glad that's not my armpit hair. I love it. It's now super soft and silky from the hair treatment I've been using on it, but it's just SOOOOOO flippin' long!

This stuff, has seriously, changed my hair and my life. No more frizzy hair! No more straw like texture! It's soft, its touchable! I love it!
Tomorrow, I'm going to get a cut. I'm almost nervous! I want to do something different! But alas, I'm a creature of habit and my hair dresser is scared of C. He is fighting for me to keep it long and dark! And the last time he talked to her, he said, "don't let her cut her hair short!!!!!!! PLEASE!"

My grandmother said a few weeks ago that it was a good thing I had dark hair, I didn't have to worry about anyone paying attention to me. Because I looked so unattractive no one would notice me.

I didn't know how to take that. But now you know why I don't hang out with my grandmother very often.

I love my long dark hair. But be prepared. Some shit is goin' down with it. I hope my hairdresser doesn't get too nervous about it. She tries to be an undercutter, not an overcutter. : ) I'll definitely be putting up before and after pics!

So Mother's Day is on Sunday. What are YOU doing for your momma? I have no idea what the Peanut is getting me!!!! I asked if she would get me one of those little massager thingies (no, not THAT kind of massager!) for my back. Who knows what she will come up with! I got MY mother a knife set, so she could kill my dad when the summer is up and she is sick of him being up her butt all the time...
ONLY KIDDING. I did get her a DINNER knife set, we have 1.5 million spoons, 1.2 million forks, and 4 knives. I have no idea where all the knives went, so I got a set of 12 from Target for $12. Last year I got my mother orange juice glasses. I tend to buy people the things they muse about while standing around... and then they go, "oh my God! I really needed these!"

Anyway, onto my eats! Side note, I thought I had more on here. OY VEY.

Salmon burger, on Kinnikinnik white rice bread, with a slice of rice "cheese". Soooooo good, but the salmon sat kinda heavy in my stomach. Blech.
Oh and I got this card for my anniversery from Charlie, he's on time for everything, can't you tell?????

So I tried a new snack today - trying to break the mold of a creature of habit here...dried papyaya. I bought it at Whole Foods a while back and just finally cracked it open today. It looks like a giant sour patch worm.

I think I was expecting it to TASTE like a giant sour patch worm too. I ate two pieces and didn't finish the rest. No flavor. Not even sweet. What gives??? If I'm going to get cavaties for the 23 grams of pure sugar in these babies, I want it to taste good too!
Well dearests.. I'm off to the fair! (what movie is that line from?????? anyone???? please tell me someone knows it and I'm not the ONLY dork out there who loves old school Disney movies.. (that was a hint!)
Have a GREAT weekend, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mommies out there! Katie, Sammie.. I'm talkin' to you!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I love you!

    Happy Mothers Day to you too, enjoy it love!! U deserve it! Your such a great mom!!!!!

    Cant wait to see your new hairstyle!!

    lol, your gram is funny! Now Im thinking I need to go lighter over here, lol!!

    I have got to get that stuff for my hair!

    Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how your hair turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok! I read this a few days ago and wanted to comment but my computer was on the fritz. J had to reinstall some stuff that was out of date - now it's working.

    Anyways! That new Dove conditioner that's super thick and creamy has done the same thing for my hair! It's awesome, I don't even need to put anything in it after the shower.

    Um... please do NOT listen to your Grandmother. Why would she even say such a thing? How mean! You look AWESOME w/ dark hair - totally not forgettable. I think you look unique and personally I think ppl w/ light and fair hair and skin just sink into the background. IMHO hehe I just saw the pics on FB too and you look terrific! I'm totally jealous over here! I can't do anything but one length w/ all my curls.

    Oh and that papaya looks like the TJ dried mango which is delicious. Try that instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy MOther's Day!!

    WTF? Why did your grandma say that? I'm sure she's joking. But ha, doesn't she know brunettes REALLY have more fun? They are smarter, too. Okay, totally going into stereotypes here...;-)

    Aw, too bad the papaya sucked. I've been wanting to try the dried ones. Making it's because they didn't use sugar to sweeten it, which you should for most dried fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Moroccan oil! I had a bottle (the stuff is SO expensive..at least where I live it is) and it was a glass bottle...and one day I accidentally knocked it over and had oil all over my bathroom floor. This may sound pathetic, but I was really sad. I love that stuff so much- it smells amazing and it really does do wonders for your hair. My hair is so damaged (it fell out in clumps when I was sick and now its just a mess) so I need all the hair help I can get. I need to get another bottle of that stuff soon.
    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous that you have long hair, which from what I've seen in your pictures, is absolutely gorgeous! Not fair!

    I'll have to take a look at the hair oil stuff!

    In the meantime, I hope you had the most wonderful mothers day and are feeling better than you were a couple weeks back!

    x,
    L

    ReplyDelete