Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Strong Is The New Skinny

Good evening fine people! How are you all? I'm doing ok.. for a Monday! I wish I could say I had the Monday blues, but I didn't feel too bad.. went to work, got some good news this morning, and was on cloud 9 all day! It was great! Usually work doesn't equal good news, so it was fine by me!
I just wanted to go over some food stuffs that I got over the weekend when Peanut and I went to Whole Foods! I love Whole Foods.. I've heard it likened to a religious experience.. and I almost agree with that!


Look they even have a cow across the way from Whole Foods where you can get fresh milk!

Nah, I'm just playing- that's the JP Licks cow. JP Licks is possible the best local ice cream place in the Boston area. Peanut and I got some ice cream ;) The only dairy I just can't possibly resist!


At Whole Foods I picked up a delectable new yogurt- I tried this with a little sprinkle of granola. OMG.. It's not dairy free but it is lactose free- which is really what messes up my stomach. This was seriously soooooo good! I was mad that I didn't buy more of them after I ate this! And look at the nutrional facts! So good!



For dinner yesterday while I was bored at home.. meatless meatballs with gluten- free pasta, pasta sauce, "cheese" in the form of Rice Mozerella sprinkle cheese & nutritional yeast.. simple and delish!


So I've been seeing around blog world that "strong is the new skinny". Ladies.. we need to embrace this!! Seriously! Look at this video below:

This is a little kid trained by gymnast Damien Walters- check out my FB page for a video of Damien Walters. Email me, if you need my info for FB :)
Could we do that if we are running on empty? Struggling to be as skinny as can be? I mean, I don't think I could do any of that ANYWAY.. But that's not the point. The point is.. we need to fuel ourselves ladies!!! Don't be afraid to work your butt off and then eat a full meal! I know I have a hard time with this sometimes.. but I'm gonna be changing my tune up. I need to get stronger, not skinnier. I want a six pack, not rib bones poking out everywhere!..

I hope you can join me in my new mission!

So hey, my work news? I won an award for my excellent customer service :) The sales guy who gave me the big bottle of tequila nominated me for it. I was so happy and proud of myself. I'm the first one on my team to get one so far with our new employee regognition.. It goes on my yearly review, plus the award is worth $25. The more I get, the more money I get. Yay! All my hard work is finally starting to pay off a little bit!
Well, hope your Monday went well! I hope to be catching up on blogs tomorrow, work was just too busy today.. Goodnight!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!! That's exciting.
    And I agree with you- strong is sexy. I actually like to celebrate all body types because I know that some people are naturally thin and it's difficult for them to build muscle. Some people are naturally curvy and six pack abs aren't really attainable. It's always good to build up your strength and be powerful! But I'm also all for body acceptance...and if you want to work hard for some muscle, then I say go for it! If you fuel yourself properly, it's a great goal.
    Re: your comment- my partying days are completely over too! haha. I did love me some wine back in the day though...and vodka...okay lets not go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award and i'm all for being strong as the new skinny. Plus, i have a 16 month old who is like the strongest baby ever. I have to be mighty strong to handle him so i do quite a bit of muscle strengthening etc. in my workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy ... that kid is amazing, and like rubber.

    I'm all about strong is the new skinny and am so happy to hear this! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I got so excited about the video that I missed the last part of your post. Congratulations on the award, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award! It's gotta be great to be appreciated at work! (Wish mine would appreciate me!)

    Thanks for posting that video. Watching that little boy was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for your award!!
    The yogurt looks yummy- I love vanilla flavored yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed your day and had some healthy desserts and snacks. love your blog, you're always so upbeat about things :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get that mentality to want to get stronger. I would so like that. It makes so much more sense and is HEALTHY to be strong! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on all of your hard work paying off...it is so hard to find good customer service so I wish I could visit wherever you work to finally find some. :) Seriously though, I think you totally deserved the award and then some.

    I've heard that people who focus on getting stronger and not skinnier are more successful in improving their health overall, so fabulous goal!!

    ReplyDelete