Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Get My Game Face On

Hey all, I kinda was supposed to post up something tomorrow, but I think I might do this one and then hold off until early next week to put anything else up. I just want to say thank you to you all for understanding.. I know with all the drama around Olivia's b-day and having to change the blog, it was stressful. Plus an episode of unhealthy eating too- you all must think I'm a hot mess. Well I am hot. And I'm a mess today, so I guess, yes.. thats true!

I'm glad you guys liked my falling in love story. It's funny, I'm not sure if I have told the whole story on this blog or not (new readers- I had a different blog before and switched over here) but I will tell it again.

It was a snowy day, January 8th to be exact and I was going to work, I was in a bum outfit- you know.. raggedy sweats, Uggs, a hoodie. Who gave a crap?? It was a snow storm! I hadn't done my hair or my make-up so I looked frightening! I get there and I see the cleaning crew supervisor leading around some new guy. I was over by the elevators in my building when I looked over at the "new guy" and my heart literally skipped a beat. I tried to smile but realized I looked down at myself and remembered, holy crap I looked like crap! Well he kind of gave me a look back and smirked at me. And when I say smirk, I mean it. I almost fainted. I think I turned twelve shades of purple and ran back to my desk and cursed myself for not looking better. It took me a week to get up the nerve to talk to him, but I finally did. I teased him about not having a jacket and wearing just a hoodie. Typical mommy.. wants to know why when its below 20 degrees you show up without a jacket.
It took another couple of weeks before we actually hung out and I've been hooked ever since. We shared a love for baseball, the same life goals, and the same past hurts and same dreams. Basically I knew, he was the love of my life. It wasn't until we went to a baseball game at Fenway and were on the way there... that it changed. I was exhausted, we didn't sleep pretty much the whole night and then because he was beyond excited, he was up at the crack of dawn. So I took the chance on the Green Line to catch a 10 minute nap. I curled up on his shoulder.. and he leaned down and kissed my forehead and said "you know I love you". I think I was half asleep and kind of murmured it back but when I woke up I was over the moon.. I had been wanting to say it first for over a week, but couldn't muster up the courage to do so..
Literally a week later we were thrust into the hardest few months of our relationship but what came out of it was so strong and so faithful I figured we would never ever lose each other again.
There have been rough times, there have been amazing times. But like I said before.. he's my best friend in the whole world and I am so proud to call him my man.

He's made the choice that we needed to make and the next few days we are going to be organizing everything and getting all our ducks in a row before he leaves.
Yes, I said leaves. We've known since last year it was coming and he'll be gone for about two years. I'll be moving back home with my parents with Olivia in the meantime to save up our moolah.. I'll still be able to talk to him all the time and send him stuff so don't worry, he won't starve to death! Not being able to hold his hand or run my fingers through his hair.. or curl up next to him in bed, these are the things that I will miss the most. I can definitely say that I am going to need all the girl time I can get, so my Boston and MD, and AZ friends.. we might need a reunion or something!

It was a hard choice to make, but we will make it through to see tomorrow. I love him to death and I really honestly and truly support his decision to go. It's a big relief for me, for my sister-in-law, for my brother-in-law for his daughter, for my daughter. His family has become my family as well and we are standing together to be there with him.
Te extrano mi amor. Mira, como estoy sufriendo
Me quemo por dentro, por sentir tu amor, Papi, no me hagas, eso sabes que te quiero,
con todo el corazon..

Speaking of my sister in law.. she has the most adorable children out there.. besides mine. : )


These are from the last time I babysat them (I think last week).. I forgot to take pics last night, can you believe it??
I hope you think they are so cute you want to gobble them up because these are the only "food like" pics I've taken recently. ; )

9 comments:

  1. This has got to be the best falling in love story ever! It sounds like you guys have an amazing relationship and I know you'll be able to stick it through the hard times. It sounds like he made the choice that was right for him and for you guys. Stay strong and I'm definitely up for a reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your falling in love story needs to be a movie -- it just does!

    I <3 love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, i dont understand your blog... whats up? shoot me an email!

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say I love you and pray for ya all the time :) You are doing great lady so keep going & keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, now that's a sweet story! love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet story! i dont think i've heard it yet. i know you two have mad love for eachother and will be okay. where does he have to go? did i miss that part?! im sorry you have to do long distance at all but you are STRONG chica and so is olivia. you two will be great, not that you arent already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ya hope you had a good monday... LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations. this was the right decision to make, albeit difficult as hell. I'm proud of you both and I know your relationship will only come out stronger after all of this!!!

    LOVE YOU!!!!! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING I'M RIGHT HERE<333333

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a beautiful post, and what a great story!!! I love snow storms :)

    ReplyDelete