Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Well happy Black Friday to all of you too! I want to say that I went shopping at 3 am with the rest of the dorks who went to Wal-mart or Old Navy. But, I was in bed. Like a lump, until my SIL called me and woke me up out of a stuffed shell and turkey and cookie induced coma. But today was a good day. Liv and I played beauty parlor, we went to Target (at 4 pm I don't like big crowds!), we hung around. I worked for a while.. but you don't want to hear about that!
You want to know what I did for Thanksgiving - right?!?

Maybe not, but hey here I go anyway!

Well Wednesday during my hectic work day I snuck out and scooped up Elisa and Lissette and brought them back to my parents house. The three girlies stayed there while I worked. They played and played and baked cookies and played some more. When I got home we went to Michael's and bought crafting stuff... here's what we ended up with.. (please don't look around the kids and peek at the mess, it's been a while since i've cleaned!)



And then we finally went to bed!

The next morning I made cupcakes! I used the GF yellow cake mix from Betty Crocker
- it smelled DELISH! I couldn't wait to try them, but first we had to frost them.


I used Cherrybrook Kitchen chocolate frosting mix that my gram picked up from Shaw's for $1.00! This is fantastic stuff!! I love chocolate frosting.. the chocolate flavor could have been a little richer, but this is a nice light chocolate frosting.
Here is what we did. I let them have fun with the sprinkles- can you tell??





We had a GREAT TURKEY DAY- turkey, stuffed shells, rice and beans (after all we are Spanish!) and some minestrone made by yours truly!

And for a peanut-free dessert.. we ate this little guy..

OMGICANTBELIEVEHOWFREAKINGCUTEHEIS...... *ugh* i just melt everytime I see him!! Love you Melo!

5 comments:

  1. He is ADORABLE!!! Those cupcakes are so cute too, and those girls (are they your daughters? nieces? Friends kids? Sorry, I don't know!) They are so creative with their little houses. I hope my kids are crafty like that, I never was!

    Glad oyu had a good Thanksgiving :) I didn't shop either, I enjoyed sleeeeeeeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I would gobble that little tike up in a second.. so ridiculously cute!!

    cupcakesssssssssssss <3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooah that soup looks SO GOOD. I don't think I've ever wanted to try a soup so badly!! Maybe it's because I'm feeling sliiiightly hungover today lol.

    And the cupcakes look amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, Melo is so adorable!! And the cupcakes are adorable too! It looks like they had a great time making them. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcakes. It looks like the girls had such a great time ; )
    And Melo's adorable.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete